20091211

Out 2 U

ImageHost.org
[redacted]'s ROOM

As Tony wearily enters.

TONY
How you been, buddy?

He props the shotgun in a corner and sits facing [redacted], who stared at him.

. . . Don't look at me like that, neighbor.
It's just me - Tony.

[REDACTED]
I hear it's God. Chaos God.

Tony reaches a flask from his pocket.

TONY
Jesus, people can be cruel . . .

He takes a long draught from his flask, then gives a haunted stare.

. . . if it's not my build, it's my
personality.

Tony is perspiring heavily. The fire rumbles in the hallway.

. . . They say I'm a madman, [redacted],
but I'm not mad at anyone. Honest I'm
not. Most guys I just feel sorry for.
Yeah. It tears me up inside, to think
about what they're going through. How
trapped they are. I understand it. I
feel for 'em. So I try and help them
out . . .

He reached up to loosen his tie and pop his collar button.

. . . Jesus. Yeah. I know what it feels
like, when things get all balled up at the
head office. It puts you through hell,
So I help people out. I just wish
someone would do as much for me . . .

He stares miserably down at his feet.

. . . Jesus it's hot. Sometimes it gets so
hot, I wanna crawl right out of my skin.

Self-pity:

[REDACTED]
But Tony - why me? Why -

TONY
Because you DON'T LISTEN!
ImageHost.org