20080726

<>>>>>>>>>>


I don't really give a shit about "real" freestyles versus a written freestyle or whatever, kind of a snobby true school leftover concept to me. Fact is most rappers shouldn't even attempt a "real" freestyle, and contrary to the 5(?) elements crowd most rappers circa 88 or 94 fall into the same category. That said, this is a "real" freestyle and Bavu comes off on this- elevators instro doesn't hurt either. I don't really check for his 52 flows series every week, but most of what i've heard has been nice.



Bavu Blakes - "Elevators Freestyle"



I don't post or really listen to much west coast raps lately, mostly cause i never got on board with the hyphy movement and The Game is a cornball. I do like Mitchy Slick, a lot. Drug Flippin has one of the highest play counts on my itunes. And from what i've heard, I like a lot of Jay Rock's shit. Combine the two on some smooth shit- this is one of my favorite joints right now.



Jay Rock f/Mitchy Slick - "Paid My Dues"



The fact that there are clubs where a song like this goes off, and the fact that all of those clubs are over 300 miles from me is a continuing source of frustration.



Cash Capone & Dj Merk - "Mouth Wide Open"