20100401

ImageHost.org
Your article quotes the young boy Dusk as having said, "I am an avatar," and "I can recognize the four elements of earth, wind, water and fire." This might lead your readers to the conclusion that this boy is somehow imbued with knowledge of some ancient Eastern mysticism.
ImageHost.org
Avatar is actually a very popular animated series for children. The show stars a young boy, the Avatar, who must gain control of the four elements to save his people.
ImageHost.org
It is clear to me that this child was playing Avatar, and his words were not meant to be taken literally. I do not believe that your intent was to purposely mislead your readers. I just thought some clarification was in order. I am not convenced that these children represent the next step in our species evolution, but I do enjoy the Avatar series.
ImageHost.org
Most
sincere regards:
John Q. Hull
ImageHost.org